Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Little Red Sweater

Surf Movie Poster Sweater Exposure compensation is +1
Default exposure sweater Default Exposure Compensation
Sweater for A4AExposure Compensation is -1

I was looking for something fun to knit.  I found the latest Afghans for Afghans campaign here (sweaters for 7-16 year old girls).  Seemed like a good use for 100% wool yarn that I didn't know what to do with.  Couldn't find a pattern I liked - I wanted a yoke sweater, top down, either pullover or cardigan.  I found Tama, which had potential until I realized it was for 4 year olds.  Still, I had already cast on.  So I winged it from there.  I like how it's turning out, so I may knit another one for the notes and write it down.

The yarn is Araucania Nature Wool Worsted from the LYS.  I have this red, a skein of orange and a skein of yellow and a bunch of greens, so it's going to be kind of rainbowish.  We'll see how it turns out.  It turns out this is what I needed to knit - something where I was figuring out how it goes.  I'm aiming for a 10 year old size, since I have an actual 10 year old in the house.

No comments: