So, when last we spoke about this quilt, it looked like this. And I was not completely happy with it, although, looking back at it, it seems not so bad. So, I took it apart, down to the 4-square block (two prints + 2 gray).
I was planning to cut out light pink squares to alternate with each of the blocks, but there was something about it that I didn't really like. So I tried this out.
Still not good. But I liked how the lighter prints worked so I tried this one.
And we had a winner! So I cut out a bunch of "low volume" and beige squares to go with it and had a thought in the middle of the night. What about an arrangement like this....
I like this a lot. Now.... to sew.