Sunday, April 20, 2014

mixed results

First the bad:


The girls requested elf shoes.  I got La's knit and in the process of knitting them we ended up with a new high efficiency washing machine.  I was afraid they wouldn't felt at all so I threw them in with a ton of jeans, towels, etc., and the slippers on heavy duty on hot.  Dude.  They felted so much that they are no longer three dimensional shapes (e.g. not even Flat Stanley could put his foot inside them.)



elf socks




The second thing is awesome, except that it is pre-k sized, but a great proof of concept.


I cast on a hat at a meeting using some leftover Cascade Superwash 220, 72 stitches on a size 6 needle.  I used 3x3 rib and then switched to stockinette when it seemed like time.  Once I got home, I realized I should try Cambria Washington's Missionary Hat.  It's a pattern she worked up when making some hats for LDS missionaries in her area of New England.  Haven't figured out what I'm doing with the hat yet.  Default position is donate. 




Oh, and I sort of made it in Florida colors - a cross between University of Florida and the Miami Dolphins. 




I really like how the inside turned out too - I had no idea it would be this pretty on the inside.

1 comment:

madfabriholic said...

such a bummer about the overfelting :-( I HATE that. The hat is gorgeous, inside and out.